Opened March 1, 2023
We host a free tax clinic ran by volunteers to help eligible individuals file taxes. Please read below for more information and eligibility.
This year our income tax clinic will be held in-person and virtually
- Drop Off (see Hours Below)
Individuals must have modest income and a simple tax situation
Serving populations include (but not limited to)
- adults 65 years and older
- housing-insecure individuals
- Indigenous Peoples
- Modest-income individuals
- persons with disabilities
|Family Size||Total Family Income|
|more than 5 people||$52,500, plus $2,500 for each additional person|
Simple Tax Situation
A tax situation is simple if an individual has no income or if their income comes from these sources:
- Pension plan
- Old Age Security
- Disability insurance
- employment insurace
- social assistance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs)
- Scholarships, fellowships, bursaries, or grants
- interest (under $1000)
NOT a Simple Tax Situation
- Self-employment income or employment expenses *(see exception 1)
- Business income and expenses
- rental income and expenses
- interest income over $1,000
- Capital gains or losses
- Bankruptcy in the tax year (or the year before, if that return has not yet been filed)
- deceased person
- Foreign income **(see Exception 2)
* Exception 1
Individuals who have a T4A slip, Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income, that shows self-employed or business in box 048 may be eligible to have their tax return completed through the CVITP if all of the following conditions are met:
- the total income in box 048 is under $1,000
- no expenses are claimed
- the individual is not registered as a GST/HST registrant and is not required to be one
** Exception 2
Individuals who receive U.S. Social Security benefits are eligible to have their tax return completed through the CVITP. Any other type of foreign income (including a foreign pension) would not be considered a simple tax situation.
For more information the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program click below
Drop Off & In-Person Appointment
LOCATION: 5 Wakunda Place, North York, ON M4A1A2
HOURS: Thursdays 11am-2pm
DATE: March 2, 2023 – April 30, 2023
Book In-Person Appointment
Thursdays 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm (Appointment Only)
Starting April 6 to April 30 2023.
Virtual Income Tax Clinic -Book Appointment
Appointments can be booked for out virtual income clinic below.
- Currently days available are Sundays, Tuesdays, and Saturdays evenings.
- When filing virtually you must show valid ID. Please bring valid ID to appointment.
- We will be using, zoom or whatsapp. Cameras need be on so we are able to check ID.
- March 5, 2023 and April 9, 2023 income tax clinic is closed